Rittal North America has announced the launch of its new AX Fiberglass Reinforced Polyester line of enclosures offering advantages of sophisticated technology combined with the benefits of an extremely robust material. The AX non-metallic enclosure protects the electrical components in harsh environments, such as outdoor applications while its new mounting functionality makes rapid expansion possible and provides a greater scope for installation using smart technology.
Rittal is replacing its previous KS series with this new line of AX non-metallic enclosures that compliment the AX series of sheet steel and stainless steel enclosures. Whether installed in a factory building or exposed to the wind and elements, the new AX non-metallic was built to withstand all extremes.
“The new non-metallic member of the AX enclosure family is designed with the North American outdoor market in mind. The Fiberglass Reinforced Polyester enclosure is robust and suitable for all outdoor applications – with high UV resistance (UL F1 according UL746C) and great environmental protection (UL Type 4X according UL508A).”, states Slavco Anastosov, Rittal Industrial Solutions Product Manager.
The advanced features of the AX non-metallic enclosure include:
- Double seal with an integral rain protection strip on the top and bottom edge of the door to protect the seal from dust and rainwater.
- The mounting plate is easily screw-fastened onto pre-assembled bolts from the front and can also be earthed retrospectively via machined keyholes.
- Interior installation on a 25 mm pitch pattern with universal bracket for mounting punched sections and rails.
- The mini-comfort handle for AX plastic can be used not only with type A lock inserts, but also with profile half-cylinders or security and push-button inserts.
- 14 different enclosure variants with high UV resistance.
These and many other benefits make the new AX non-metallic enclosure series a standard for Industry 4.0.
About Rittal North America
Rittal North America LLC is a global manufacturer of industrial enclosures and accessories, climate control, power management systems, and automation services. Rittal provides innovative, high-quality solutions built to integrate into your equipment and applications. Products are tested and certified to the appropriate standards that apply, including UL, CSA, IEC, ATEX and others. For more information, visit rittal.us.